With its combination of hands-on exercises and intensive feedback, MISA Malawi’s digital storytelling course teaches you how to use your mobile phone to report and tell engaging multimedia stories.
Digital storytelling with your smartphone
The three-day course covers the mobile journalism process from shooting to producing and publishing, including:
- storytelling essentials
- shooting professional video and photos
- types of shots, composition and lighting
- audio recording
- editing video and photos on your mobile
- writing for video and social media
- using text and graphics to enhance your story
- publishing to social media
- essential apps to improve your product.
Who should attend?
The digital storytelling course is designed for journalists in Malawi who want to use a mobile phone for reporting, including:
- beginner, mid-level and advanced reporters
- journalists and editors
- media professionals with a background in print, online, radio or television.
Who are the trainers?
MISA Malawi trainers are experienced, practising journalists who have completed a rigorous ‘Train the Trainer’ course to develop their training expertise.
They have also conducted workshops alongside trainers from DW Akademie, Germany’s media development organisation, to benefit from their international experience.
Where is the course held?
Course offered in Lilongwe are held at MISA Malawi’s purpose-built media training centre: Mtolankhani House, Plot 99 in the Acacia area, Lilaga Community.
The centre is equipped with:
- audio recording kits
- modern computers equipped with audio editing software
- projectors and projector screens
- high-speed internet.
- two large well ventilated training rooms
- air conditioning
- outside luncheon area
- ample car parking.
Mtolankhani House is located about 7km from Gateway Mall. From town, take the Mchinji Road, turn right on the newly constructed Kasiya Road. Turn left at the Acacia signpost and follow the signposts from there to Mtolankhani House.
To be decided
Who's it for?
Media professionals from beginner to advanced level who want to use their mobile phone for reporting.
How many participants?
Maximum 12 with 2 trainers
For more information please contact us on:
+265 1 758 091
All of MISA Malawi’s media trainings have been developed in close cooperation with DW Akademie, Germany’s leading media development organisation. Our media workshops meet international standards while being tailored to local conditions.