MISA Malawi membership
As a MISA Malawi member, you help to build the strength and legitimacy we need to continue fighting for media freedom and freedom of expression in our country.
Who can become a MISA Malawi member?
Members are divided into three categories.
- All journalists and media practitioners as well as those with an interest in media issues can be members.
- Journalism and media studies students are able to become student members by getting their membership application endorsed by their institution.
- Politicians and members of the police, military and secret services are prohibited from becoming members.
Fee: MK20,000 (US$28) or MK15,000 (US$21) for community broadcasters
Early fee (January, February March): K15,000 (US$21)
Download the application form for individuals as a fillable PDF.
- Media houses such as radio stations, newspapers and online publishers can become institutional members, however state-owned media houses are not eligible.
- Employees of state-owned media can join as individual members.
Fee: MK300,000 (US$404)
Early fee (January, February and March): MK250,000 (US$337)
Download the application form for institutions as a fillable PDF
- Media training institutions, journalists’ associations and organisations sharing MISA Malawi’s values can become associate members.
Fee: K150,000 (US$202)
Early fee (January, February and March): MK100,000 (US$135)
Download the application form for associate members as a fillable PDF.
How can I become a member or renew my membership?
All prospective and existing MISA Malawi members must fill in an application form. You can download the form for individuals or institutions or collect one from the MISA Malawi Secretariat at:
Acacia, Lilaga Community
Off Lilongwe-Kasiya Road
You can drop the completed form to us at the Secretariat or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I pay my membership fee?
You can pay via mobile transfer, bank transfer or cheque to the following account>
Account Name: WPFD
Account Number: 1610678
National Bank of Malawi, Lilongwe Service Centre
You can also pay cash at the MISA Malawi office.
Will I get my money back if my application is rejected?
Yes. The application fee is refunded in full if we don’t accept your application.
Please contact us on +265 1 758 091 or at email@example.com if you have any membership questions.