- Originality. Does it rephrase, regurgitate, recycle or reuse material or information from an article published by someone else?
- Impact. Has it attracted attention and reactions – either positive or negative – from the general public, as well as authorities or responsible figures?
- Consistency. Does it cover an issue throughout its lifespan and present its ideas and information in a logical flow?
- Courage. Did the author show initiative and persistence in uncovering facts and sources?
Investigation and analysis. Is it do deeper analysis beyond the surface or rather parrot what a source says?
- Gender. Does it use gender-sensitive language, balance male and female voices and highlight how the issues affects both sexes?